Welcome to the adventures of a Culinary explorer...

Welcome to the adventures of a Culinary explorer...

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Xmas/House Warming Party


Today was quite a wonderful day (not literally mind me. Forecast: Rain. All day...). I had friends over in the occasion of showing them our new house. The party went exactly as I had planned, house tours, laughs, games, and best of all, the food.
On the menu we had an entree of herb chicken stuffing deep fried in egg roll wraps. The crispy treat with the warm stuffing in the middle went very well with our famous "Indian Sauce" (that's what my friends call the Maggi Hot and Sweet ketchup, a rare find in the US. My mom wishes to get my friends that for Xmas. They are excited. (??)Haha).
For the main course we had (nope, not any curry) gourmet Mexican tacos. Or that's at least what everybody said. My mom and I set up the kitchen island to mimic a Moe's restaurant. We had tons of bowls, all lined up, filled with fresh ingredients: a salad (made from shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and onions, topped with cilantro, salt and pepper, and lemon juice), grated three cheese, soft and hard tortillas, sour creme, guacamole, and hot salsa. The main big bowl had chicken in it, cooked with tomatoes, onions and Indian spices. And that's what made all the difference. The tacos were enjoyed by everybody, I couldn't get over the fact the meal was so extremely easy to put together (cheap too), and yet it gave off the grandest look on the table.
For dessert we had different flavored donuts (I just had the chocolate covered coconut topping donut. Calories are OK during this time, just trust me, we can shed them off in a zap). There was also wonderful pie, brought in by Tyler Gordon.
Other than that, there was an intense air hockey tournament in my backyard. Let me tell you, Rebecca Stark does not differentiate air hockey from football. When she's on the field, she's there for the kill. Very literally. I was her kill (AGAIN!), which means her puck came flying my way and as I tried to block it from smashing into my eye, it hit my fingers like I'd just gotten shot by a bazooka. (OK, fine, yes this is hyperbole. But oh well, it hurt.) Last time, she slit my fingers with the puck to the point they started to bleed. No lie.
Haha on that note, I have left-over chicken from today's lunch left in the refrigerator and I think I will snack on some of that yummy goodness.
Goodnight y'all. (Or to whoever that is reading this. Anybody?)

No comments: