Welcome to the adventures of a Culinary explorer...

Welcome to the adventures of a Culinary explorer...

Monday, December 21, 2009

Guess who e-mailed me?


Let's play a round of Can you guess who e-mailed me?
Your hints:
1. This person is serving as an inspiration
2. He (yes, a man) is linked to Liz Van Hooser
3. Therefore, he is linked to The Florida Times Union
4. He is also linked to food writing

Guesses? Nope, not him.
It was Coulter Kirkpatrick! I believe he is still the Editor of The Florida Times, but he is applying for Liz's food writer position (I mean, who wouldn't?). He'd heard about me from Liz, and she'd told me to e-mail him. I did, months ago, and finally got a reply. He was busy blah blah blah... but I got a reply and if I may-- I am psyched!
From his e-mail, I know that he has great knowledge about Indian food (despite being non-Indian). He talked about his favorite Indian desserts, ingredients for making them at home, and some more food writer talk. :p
But, I replied, and I hope to receive a reply again. Maybe I can go meet him just like Liz! *fingers crossed*

P.S. If Coulter Kirkpatrick is reading this, I just google imaged your name and chose the first one that popped up. I'm pretty sure this is you, and not the guy with the snake in his mouth... Maybe.

No comments: