Welcome to the adventures of a Culinary explorer...

Welcome to the adventures of a Culinary explorer...

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Breakfast Bonanza

I can tolerate eating boiled eggs ever since we made stuffed eggs for a party. This morning (3rd January, 2010) we boiled some eggs and planned to stuff them with tuna salad, I was the one in charge of putting them together.
After the eggs were boiled, I peeled them, cut them down the center (not long ways), got rid of the yolks, and set the empty halves facing up on a plate. I always picture empty egg halves as little baby chicks, open mouthed, waiting patiently to be filled. Ironic I think of them as baby chicks... OK, not going there.
Anyway, I got out some onion and anchovy crème cheese (Philedelphia Crème Cheese), and put a drop sized dollop of it in the base of every egg half. Then I scooped some tuna salad and stuffed rest of the remaining halves. Now for the clever part, I got slices of honey baked ham (the lunch meat stuff), and wrapped them around every half, and tacked them in place with toothpicks. Result: an easy, breezy, delummy masterpiece. The tuna and ham have distinct flavors when you eat them together. They complement each other in a very good way. The surprise of the cheese hiding in the bottom adds creamy flavor to the egg. Have a look!









No comments: